The world of technology is ever growing with new inventions and discoveries being made every moment. For a professional already working in the information technology sector, you must keep on learning to remain relevant. Rapid change in this industry can leave you a little behind if you don’t take the initiative to increase your knowledge and skills. Here is an in-depth discussion of jobs you can do with a masters degree in information technology management. You can earn this degree through online study or by attending in person if you have the time.
Data Analysis Supervisor
Whether you are working in a privately owned firm or in a government-owned institution, there’s always an opportunity for you to work in data analysis. If your best strength is in mathematics or numbers, then you are best suited to work as a career data analyst. Acquiring a Master of Information Technology Management can help you quickly rise through the ranks to hold supervisory positions in any institution you join.
The main duties of a data analyst include:
- Developing and maintaining automated data processes
- Pointing out different areas that need attention in regard to automation and efficiency of processes
- Recording management policies and process
- Supervising and auditing quality of data.
If you have an IT management degree and you love games, you’ll feel quite at home working in games development. Mainly your job will entail developing and designing games which can be played on the tablet, computer, mobile phones, arcade games, over the internet among other devices. It can take upwards of a year to successfully develop a game. With a management qualification, you’ll be ahead of the rest and on top of the game. Besides earning a higher salary, a masters degree enables you to choose from a wide range of career options that you’ll clearly qualify for given your increased level of education.
The main duties of a games developer include:
- Developing and designing games using high-quality code
- Conduct code reviews in a bid to guarantee high-quality levels
- Conduct quality testing to find bugs or defects and solve the problems accordingly
- Work together with the relevant team members in games development to brainstorm on how best to conduct a project
A systems analyst is vital to enterprises with high technology dependencies. His or her job entails using computers to design new technology features and solutions, make improvements in existing systems among many other duties. The main aim of a systems analyst is to ensure that the business systems stay productive and perform efficiently. A management masters from a good university for IT (such as UOW) will help land you more responsibilities in positions that you wouldn’t be considered for if you were perceived as only having technical skills.
The main duties of a Systems analyst include:
- Study and determine specific system requirements
- Scrutinizing all IT business models and systems
- Provide practical solutions and overlook their implementation
- Conducting product development.
Competition for management jobs in software engineering can be high, and a formal management qualification can make all the difference. You stand out from technical experts and are better positioned to clinch supervisory positions. Besides earning a good amount of money and beating competition, a masters in IT management forces you to grow and improve your leadership skills through time and dedication. Software engineering requires high-level management skills because of the complexity and multi-disciplinary nature of many software development projects.
The main duties of a software engineer include;
- Create, audit and maintain systems
- Designing new software programs
- Refining and testing code
- Studying and identifying areas on the existing programs that need attention.